We are leading a stewardship life which we are called to by God himself. And as kingdom family it is very important to understand our role as the kingdom stewards of the kingdom financiers.
BEING A WISE STEWARD
A. What stewardship is
1. Stewardship is a life of systematic giving or using of time, abilities, talents, and material possessions until Jesus comes. Stewardship is a lifetime goal.
2.It is a partnership between God and man, with God being the providing agent.
3.Stewardship is faithfulness,and it unveils the invisible presence of God in a believer.
4.It is the faithful,consistent use of that which we have been given. Matthew 25:14-23
5.Stewardship requires accountability. John 15:1-2
6.Stewardship is the faithful use of all that we have for the advancement of the Kingdom.
7.It is giving our best.
B. Luke 16:1-13
1. Stewardship is a lifestyle of wisdom.
2. Stewardship brings servitude to God and is a foundation stone for promotion.
3. The world uses stewardship for personal increase and security.
4.Stewardship begins where you are, not where you want to go.
5.Stewardship now leads to leadership later.
6.Stewardship and servitude are inseparable.
7.Stewardship is using what we have to express our love for God.
C. What Stewardship Does
1.Stewardship expresses discipleship to Christ.
2.Eternal life is directly connected to your stewardship today.
3.Stewardship is a declaration of Jesus' lordship over our lives.
4.Our stewardship has an everlasting effect on humanity and on the kingdom of God.
5.Stewardship protects the heart from returning to the world. Matthew 6:19-24
6.Stewards are aware of having been given something for purpose.
8. Stewardship is an expression of your obedience and consecration to the gospel of Jesus.
D. Five Things Required of a Steward
1. A steward must be found faithful. 1 Cor 4:1-2
2. A steward must be teachable. Ps 27:11
3. A steward must desire to serve others through gifts. Rom 12:10-13; 1 Peter 4:10
4. A steward must have a servant's heart for the promotion of the kingdom of God. Gal 5:13; Ph 1:19-20
5. A steward must have a willingness to give.
E. Why Stewardship?
1. Good stewardship is not just for your life, but for the future and generations to come.
a. Malachi 3:10
b. Genesis 41:38-44
c. Genesis 47
2. Your stewardship today will make a room for your generations tomorrow.
kingdom financiers-operating the kingdom business professionally and effeciently .
KINGDOM FINANCIERS- FAITHFUL STEWARDSHIP OUR MOTTO
A. 1 Corinthians 4:1-2
1.God is the senior Partner
2. Using all that we have for the advancement of the kingdom of God in this world.
3. Putting forth our best for Him who redeemed us. Leviticus 22:17-25
B. Stewardship = All Things Belong to God.
1. Genesis 14:19-22
2. Haggai 2:8
3. Psalms 24:1;89:11
4. 1 Chronicle 29:13-21(David was a man after God's heart)
5. Haggai 1:2-13(We are born again,but our minds need to be transformed)
C.What a Lack of Stewardship Does.
1.It causes man to miss his God-given purpose. Deuteronomy 8:14-18
2.It hinders the power of the Word,the Holy Ghost and your faith overall,leading to faith disappointments. Haggai 1:6-9
D. What Good Stewardship Brings.
1. Keys of the Kingdom
2. Good stewardship is a kingdom key that brings blessing in this life, and reward after this life. Mark 10:17-30
E. Stewardship and Wealth.
1. Some would say, it is better to be poor because riches are dangerous.
2. The desire for wealth is dangerous,but having wealth by inheritance,by labor or by godly increase isn't wrong. It's an empowerment for stewardship. 1 Timothy 6:17-21;Deuteronomy 8:18.
F. Stewardship moves God towards you.
1. Matthew 6:33
2. Acts 10:2
3. Luke 7:4-10
G. A Willing Heart.
1. Exodus 35:4-5;20:22;29
2. Exodus 25:1-2
3. 2 Corinthians 8:10-15
4. Stewardship is based on equality of commitment,not on equal giving.
H. Stewardship is Increased as Faith,Maturity and Devotion are Increased.
1. Mark 4:25
2. Matthew 6:19-21
3. Matthew 25:14-30
4. Acts 5:1-11
5. Luke 12:48(God requires more from whom much is given. Every person is accountable)
I. Great Things for God.
You may say that you don't have anything, like the widow could have said, but doing great things for God through stewardship requires being consistent and faithful.
J. What God has Made Us Stewards over: (Remember, God owns it all,we are just stewards over it.)
1. We are stewards over life. Acts 17:24-28; 2 Corinthians 5:6-10
2. Over time. James 4:14; Psalms 90:12
3. Over talents,skills,intelligence. Romans 12:3-8; Acts 9:36-42
4. Over possessions, what is inherited. Matthew 6:19-21; 1 John 3:16-18
5. Over finances. Deuteronomy 8:18; 1 Corinthians 16:1-2; Ephesians 4:28; Philippians 4:10-19.