A. Genesis 1:27
"So God created man in his own image,in the image God created he him;male and female created he them".
1. God's creation of man in His image predicates that man was to have a personal and intimate relationship with Him.
2.God designed man to be in communion with Him.
B. Genesis 1:28-30
1. Man was delegated dominion and authority over the earth.
2.The earth was given to Him.
3.Man was given the right to be blessed,to be fruitful and to multiply on the earth.
4.Man was given a spiritual authority that resulted in a physical rule.
2. The Fall Of Man
A. Genesis 2:16-17
"And the LORD God commanded the man,saying,Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil,thou shalt not eat of it:for in the day thou eatest thereof thou shalt die."
1.With the dominion and authority God had given man,only one commandment of restriction was put before them.
B. Genesis Chapter 3
1.The serpent deceived Adam and Eve into partaking of the tree that God said they must not eat of. At this moment,sin entered the world and with it the authority of man was imparted to Satan. Sin had then become a separator between God and Man.
2. The resulting separation is immediately recorded in Genesis 3:8-9: "And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden . And the Lord God called unto Adam,where art thou?".
In this passage God is not asking about their physical whereabouts,but asking why are their hearts not with Him. He knew there was separation.
3.Sin had became the avenue of death,both physically and spiritually. (Romans 6:23)
3. JESUS THE REDEMER
A. The reason that Jesus was sent to the world was to free it from the bondage of sin and reestablished the life of abundance.
1. Jesus came to reestablish a pure relationship between God and man.
2. John the Baptist made an incredible revelation of Jesus as he proclaimed in John 1:29, ".....behold the lamb of God,which taketh away the sins of the World"